Sunday, March 20, 2011

Saturday March 19th 2011 Everybody falls off the wagon sometimes....

Rough day today trying to stay on the straight and narrow.  It's my little sisters 18th birthday,HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISTER!!! and we are all invited to her birthday party.  Now, I am well aware that my parents do not follow the paleo lifestyle and I am well aware of the types of food they love to eat(they love their bread, chips and pastas) so arriving at the birthday party you would think that I would have prepared myself and my little ladies better for the birthday situation.  In my defense, I was told there were hamburgers and hot dogs and I myself brought a veggie tray, so in my head I was thinking "sure, we can all have bunless burgers or hot dogs with some veggies, ya, we will be fine!" Needless to say that was not the way it went....  By the time I got there we were starving and I gotta say the first thing I spotted when I walked in was my mothers 7 layer dip and Doritos.  I will spare you all the messy awful details but lets just say there was some chocolate cake involved as well.:( By the time we left I was seriously regretting all the yummy goodies we ate, I felt like I weighed 200 lbs. and looked like a whale and the kids were grumpy and screaming " I dont wanna go!!" (I can bet money this was a direct result of a massive sugar crash due to the random items they inhaled because of all the birthday excitement) It was definitely an experience to remember not so much for the grand birthday(no offense sister, it was grand) but for the simple reminder that we don't ever want to feel that way again. So.....note to self, bring your own food!!! Had I simply taken a few minutes outta the day to make some grain free crackers and homeade guac. along with maybe some sliced and fried sweet potatoes with some lettuce wraps to wrap our burgers/hot dogs in and maybe some coconut muffins with homemade paleo frosting this never would have happened.  Dually noted and lesson learned...

No comments:

Post a Comment