Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thursday, March17th 2011 Crustless Pizza Casserole

Since I've started eating and cooking paleo(its been about 5 months now)2 things have happened, I've always relied on certain websites and recipes that people have given me or suggested and I have always ALWAYS craved pizza.  It was very heartbreaking when I came to the realization that I would have to give up this delightful dish.  Tonight was a great, exciting moment when I came up with my  very own recipe for a paleo version of pizza. I call it, "Crustless Pizza Casserole".  I don't wanna brag or anything but it was pretty great considering..it was my first recipe and it was fairly easy to make.  The true test was when my very picky daughters both inhaled it without any coaxing whatsoever. although I'm sure the 2 layers of cheese probably helped with all the delicious yumminess. (this is not typical of a paleo dinner but what is pizza without cheese?) So here you are....Enjoy!

  • 2 zuccinnis (grated)
  • 1 red &1 green pepper (chopped)
  • a handfull or 2 of sliced black olives
  • 4 or 5 garlic cloves (minced)
  • a few handfuls of parmasean cheese
  • your choice of pizza sauce or make your own with tomato sauce, a lil onion & garlic powder & a bit of  basil
  • any meats you may use for your favorite pizza toppings( we used pepperoni, chicken, bacon, and sausage)
  • and your choice of cheese to top it all off
Preheat oven to 425.  Place grated zuccinni at the bottom of your casserole dish spread around so it covers the whole dish.  Next, spread your sauce over zuccinni.  Once that is done, I made 2 layers...1 layer of meat of your choice and 1 layer of veggies.  Once those are in place I threw a couple handfuls of parmasean cheese and my minced garlic over the meat and veggies.  I continued alternating layers of meat and veggies until I had almost overflowed my casserole dish.  Top it all off with cheese of your choice, cover with foil and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment